If it involves water or a beach, you can probably do it in the Siesta Key area. This includes kayaking, paddle boarding, jet skiing, surfing, parasailing, fishing, boating and even horseback riding on the beach. However, the options don’t stop there. There is an amazingly wide variety of things to do in and around the Sarasota / Siesta Key area, and we’ll be happy to help you plan a vacation that meets your unique goals.
A Cosmopolitan Atmosphere with Small Town Charm
When you visit Siesta Key you will appreciate why people from around the world have flocked to the area and adopted it as their home. You will quickly be impressed by the friendliness of the locals, and as you become more familiar with the area, I think you will be amazed by the depth of the culture, the abundance of recreational and sporting activities, and the many fine dining options the area offers. Ophelia’s on the Bay, which is pictured to the left, is rated as one of the best restaurants in the Sarasota area and is walking distance from our condo (click picture for larger image).
A Vacation Tailored Just for You
Some families like to build anticipation for their vacation by familiarizing themselves with the area and planning activities, and others care only about the view and relaxing on the beach. Either way, we are here to help you create the experience and memories you seek.
The process starts with a conversation, and if you think our little slice of paradise will meet your expectations, we will be glad to help you plan your vacation to whatever degree you would like.
Once you have booked a reservation, we’ll provide you with our comprehensive “get acquainted” package that includes the information below. Following that, we’ll be responsive to any questions that arise, and help with any special requests.
- What’s next – Reservation confirmation, payment schedule & your rental agreement
- Trip Cancellation / Travel Insurance information
- Things to consider bringing with you
- Driving directions to condo
- Getting around Siesta Key and Sarasota
- Quick supply stop – Coffee for your first morning
- Shopping for groceries and adult beverages
- Upon arrival – Checking in, getting keys from lock-box, parking and condo location
- Any problems – Numbers to call 24/7
- Condo operations – WiFi, TVs, etc.
- Restaurants, meat and fish markets – Includes address, phone number, web addresses and commentary about our favorite dishes at approximately 30 great restaurants
- Things to do – Includes information about shopping, golf, tennis, fishing, where to rent boats, kayaks, etc., as well as many things you can do for free. Also covers numerous activities for families with kids
Things to do
The most popular activities included the list below are covered in our “get acquainted” package. However, if you see one that intrigues you that is not covered in enough depth, we’ll be glad to elaborate. We’re particularly adept at helping families plan events that kids will enjoy.
Off shore fishing
Air boat tour
Antique car museum
Muscle car museum